What We Do
Part of the wider
Transition Towns national network
, Transition Bath is an intensely practical organisation, creating ways to make the inevitable move from a high-carbon to a low-carbon society; a positive step that will benefit the residents of Bath.
We will need to find answers to some challenging questions:
- How can we reduce Bath’s dependence on oil? (Peak Oil)
- How can we reduce Bath’s carbon emissions? (Climate Change)
We are approaching this task in a variety of imaginative ways;
- We show innovative and topical films to raise awareness of Peak Oil and Climate Change and hold forums where people can discuss these issues.
- We organise talks and activities to highlight what can be done and how this can be achieved as well as giving presentations to interested groups.
- We facilitate action groups that meet about a particular topic e.g. energy and food and run training sessions and events to teach new skills.
- We work with B&NES Council to keep Climate Change and Peak Oil at the forefront of their thinking.
Ultimately we do it toghether, as community, through practical and visable projects. To find out more about the tranistion network (including the 12 steps of transition) visit: http://www.transitionnetwork.org/
We have recently published a statement of intent. This document outlines our future vision and direction. It can be downloaded here.
For further information about Transition Bath please download our leaflet.